Monday, September 08, 2008

New "you" contest


Yes! I’m one of the 163 people selected for this photo contest! Luckily both Trixy and mi were selected together, otherwise I will really freakout. I was quite nervous during the briefing, not knowing what we will suppose to do and what theme we will be dressing up accordingly.


During the draw lots session, I picked the theme – Casual wear. Sigh…My top choice was actually Elegant wear or Executive wear! Oh well, heck it. I got free $200 voucher to spend, so just buy the stuff I would wear normally then! Hahahaa.. anyway I’m not out to win the contest. The stores I’m allowed to shop under Casual theme are Gap, Fox, Fat Face and DMK(for the shoes). Sad thing is that the rules had stated that if the participants bought anything from other stores not in the list, they will be disqualified, which mean vouchers will be withdrawn! Well, just stick to their rules then, as long I can keep the clothings~


We will each given 90 mins to complete our shopping, makeup(By Menard) and hairdo(by Anthony Hair Boutique). During the first 15 mins, I felt damn stressed during the whole shopping process as I saw nothing that catches my eyes as I went in and out the few stores. Time is running out and I still couldn’t make up my mind to buy which item. Shucks.

Due to time constraints, I really don’t care and just grab a black stripped ¾ pants, a green top and a pair of grey heels. My idea was to have a “smart” casual new look for the photo shoot. And these 3 items only cost me $80 of the voucher. Hehehe..

So I kept the balance $ and went to buy Raoul top and a fashion lab dress after the photo shoot. Oh ya, did I mention that as participants of this contest, we were entitled some discounts at all the stores as stated in the list. For example, Raoul discount -30% off, Fashion lab discount - 30% off, Fox - 25%. Can’t really remember what is the discount for the other outlets. Cool, rite? Keke…


The makeup and hairdo they done for me were alright. Not too fanciful. Just plain n simple.

Some contestant were really out to win as they brought their barang barang like their own accessories, shoes and makeup to enhance their final outlook. Winner. Trixy and me just went emptyhand. But if we know beforehand, maybe we would have done the same to beautify up a little and wouldn’t have to spend so much of the vouchers. Hahaha..

The feeling of being dolled up, taking part in the photo shoot and given free $ to spend. I don’t mind to do it all over again!

1 comment:

Ms. Potatoe said...

Can I link to this post... hehe forgot to blog about this n too lazy to now. :)